I am always looking for inspiration. I think a part of desire to lose some weight and get into better shape is seeing other people do it too. Learning from other people’s experiences and then forging my own path is usually I do it. It is also important to recognize that there are many variations to weight-loss and well-being and the road I chose might not work for anyone else.
Meet Adam Dince – a person that I met through twitter and I have developed a friendship with him. Here is his twitter bio(click on picture to open twitter):
He is a Navy Veteran, teaches at university and he is the author for the book: “Hopeful To Hired”.
I have known Adam for a few years and I knew that he had started running and he was watching his calories. I didn’t realize the full extent of his personal transformation until he posted a before and after picture on facebook. This is amazing 70+ lbs from his start to today and of course the question always is HOW? As I mentioned in my last post: Weight-Loss: The Power of Feeling in Control the keeping a running journal about I feel when my weight is high creates the WHY automatically.
When it comes to weight-loss, I am convinced there is magic to it. It is only self-control, discipline and faith in the yourself. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith in the future you.
Adam has told me this is his secret sauce:
1. #Running 🏃♂️ 3-4 times a week: Find a peaceful/scenic path to get your miles in and push yourself. I started at 1 mile which took me 16 min. Now, I can run 5 in under 43.
2. Cut out ALL fried foods 🍟
3. Replaced a full breakfast with a @thinkproducts 150 calorie bar (they taste amazing) 🍫. This saves me calories for later in the day when I get the munchies.
4. Watch my calorie intake 👓
5. Weigh myself everyday (keeps me accountable)
6. Made the above 5 habits
AMAZING to see, happy for Adam and proof that there are many roads to weight-loss, mental and spiritual well-being.